Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wondering About The Kids

I've been away from my "kids" since early March and is due to be back home only on 3rd June. There was never a moment that I did not think of them, wondering how they are getting on, are they eating well and most importantly, are they missing me as much as I'm missing them?

My friends, Cris & Ying, whom I considered like my own sisters once wrote to me that the "kids" were missing me so much that they had to take one of my old shirts for them to sniff and lie on. That message really broke my heart and I ended up crying for a good 2 hours.

The other day, my little brother, Raymond, tried to kid me by saying that Ying had to shave Phoebe's lustrous coat due to some problem and that did jolted me for about 2 seconds until I realised that he was only pulling my legs. You see, I know Ying too well. She is a younger version of me. Both of us love animals to death - yes, I really mean that. If we have to sacrifice our lives just to save an animal, we would without much hesitation. So I know deep down that Ying would never, ever shave Phoebe unless it's to save her life. And if Ying were to face with such dilemma, she would have called me 1st to discuss about it. So nice try lil bro.



Here in Melbourne, I've been flipping through the pages of my "kids" album nearly everyday. I've also been known to have showed them to absolute strangers whom I met during my walks with Ebony. My husband was commenting to his sisters that on one occasion, he had to wait for me for about an hour sitting on a swing at the playground while I chatted with a few dog owners whom I ended up teaching how to massage their dogs. He was just commenting that being opposites, me the extrovert and him the introvert, we complement each other. I seek companionship and he normally seek solitude so that he could work on his computer. When I cook, he'll wash and when he does the laundry, I'll fold the clothes. When he needs solitude, I sought out the "kids" for a serious play session. It's like Ying and Yang. We need each other to achieve a complete cosmic balance.



My husband knows that I will only be truly happy if I'm surrounded by animals. Once I even told him that my only regret in life was not to be born in a farm. He even commented that I'm more at ease when I'm with animals and will turn very guarded of my actions when I'm with people. That was why he always try his best to make me very happy whenever I'm in Melbourne by taking me for visits to the zoo, animal sanctuaries, dog shows etc. He truly understand my need to interact with animals and for that I love him dearly.


He's my husband and also my best friend whom I can share my dreams, pour my heart out when I'm sad and calm me down when I'm angry. Truly, a dream come true.

As for those who do not know me well, the "kids" that I have been referring to are Ah Boy, my 16 yrs old cat, Sirius Black, my 3 1/2 yrs old cat and Ms. Phoebe Cates, my 2 1/2 years old dog. These are my kids whom have kept me very happy during those lonely days since my husband took up a job in Melbourne.



To them, I owe my sanity and would be very forever grateful as they have always been by my side through good and bad times. They are my very own 3 Musketeers and I miss them so much I'm begining to have dreams about them when I sleep. In less than 3 weeks I'll be home to be with my "kids" but it will also be the begining of a heart breaking long distance love between me and my husband. I long for the day when all of us can live happily under one roof. One thing for sure, I wont stop dreaming for that happy ending.

No comments:

Pretty Paws and Doggie Ribbons

A blog dedicated to all animal lovers out there! This is THE place that will open your world towards a wide range of articles and information related to the pet grooming industry as well as animal breeding!

Welcome to the world of Pretty Paws and Doggie Ribbons.